Creative Chefs Spring 2016 for sixth-ninth graders
Creative Chefs is a cooking program and life-skills class for tweens/teens. The class is geared towards helping tweens who learn differently to become more self-sufficient in the kitchen and develop life skills to make healthy choices both at home, food shopping and in restaurants. Besides hands-on preparation in the kitchen, students will also emphasize socialization skills. This 10-week session begins March 1. Class size is limited to 12 students. Contact Ann Marie Fitzpatrick at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. This program is partially funded by a generous grant from The Community Chest of Port Washington.
- The 10-week session is held at the cooking lab at Sousa Elementary School at 101 Sands Point Rd. on Tuesdays from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Spring 2016 session dates are March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, April 5, 12, 19, May 3 and 10.
- Fee: $100 SEPTA members, $150 non-SEPTA members (scholarships upon request)
- Email email@example.com for an application.
Creative Readers Spring 2016 for K-5th graders
Creative Readers is a literary enrichment program facilitated by Elise May and managed by Port SEPTA. It’s a multi-sensory program that uses drama, crafts, art, movement and music to get kids hooked on reading. Each child is mentored by a teen buddy. This program offers a space for children of all abilities to socialize and work together creatively in a community setting.
For more details email Port SEPTA at: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application. Space is limited to 12 participants per group.
- SEPTA program fees: $30 non-SEPTA members, $20 SEPTA members. This program is funded by Port Washington
- SEPTA (www.portsepta.org) and the Port Washington Public Library (held in the Lapham Room).
- Dates of the program: Saturdays (parent must commit child to attend all sessions), March 5, 12, 19, April 2, 9 and 16.
- Grades K to 2: 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., grades 2 to 5: 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.