Supervisor Judi Bosworth and Council Member Viviana Russell, in conjunction with Nassau County Legislator Siela Bynoe, are hosting a FREE community health and wellness fair at the North Hempstead “Yes We Can” Community Center on Saturday, April 14 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event is sponsored by Bethpage Federal Credit Union and TD Bank.
The event, “Health is Wealth, Knowledge is Power,” will offer health screenings, music by WBLS 107.5, giveaways and more!
There will also be a panel discussion about health and wellness, mental and emotional health and financial health at 2 p.m. The panel will include:
- Chevonna Johnson: Healthcare Social Worker; CEO, Executive Producer of AAU Global Media Production Group; TV/RADIO/MAGAZINE focusing on Teens & Parent issues; President of the Whitney E. Johnson Foundation, Inc. 501 (c)3
- Dr. Clarisse Clemons: Family practitioner in Pawcatuck, CT and Bronx, NY. Forty years of experience in Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine; Affiliated with Manhattan Psychiatric Center-Ward’s Island and Cancer Screening Centers; Author of Gene Theme Scene.
- Edison Bond: Bishop of the Citadel of Praise and Worship in Brooklyn, NY.
- John Michel: Nutritionist and Health Wellness Professional; CEO of Quest Nutrition Network; Health Advocate Public Speaker.
- Ever Martinez: Community Development Manager of Bethpage Federal Credit Union
- Frank Frisone: TD Bank
- Simone Malone: Manager and Producer/ Radio Personality of FMHDMS Digital Internet Radio in Philadelphia.
The North Hempstead “Yes We Can” Community Center is located at 141 Garden Street in Westbury. For more information, please call 311 or 516-869-6311.