The children of Port Washington who were looking forward to opening the Treasure Chest at HarborFest do not have to be disappointed any more. The Port Washington Chamber of Commerce and Treasure Hunt organizer Daniel Gale Sotheby’s International Realty will bring the Treasure Chest to Cinema on the Bay, thanks to the Residents for a More Beautiful Port Washington. No coupons are needed.
Children aged 12 and under who come to see Back to the Future on July 9 can stop by the Daniel Gale table from 7:45 to 8:30 p.m. and pick a key. If they pick one of the lucky keys that open the treasure chest, they can select a gift certificate donated by participating merchants. If the key doesn’t open the chest, they will still get a prize, courtesy of Daniel Gale.
Cinema on the Bay is presented by the Residents for a More Beautiful Port Washington and the Town of North Hempstead. Free outdoor movies are shown on a screen set up in Sunset Park, at the Sousa Band Shell. The remaining schedule of summer 2016 movies are July 9, Back to the Future at 8:30 p.m.; July 30, Pitch Perfect 2 at 8:30 p.m. and August 6, Minions at 8 p.m.
The HarborFest 2016 Treasure Hunt is presented by the Port Washington Chamber of Commerce and made possible through the sponsorship of Dance Arts Centre and Daniel Gale Sotheby’s International Realty. Many businesses generously contributed gift certificates for the children. They are:
• Accents on Real Estate, 917 Port Washington Blvd.
• Alper’s Hardware, 81 Main St.
• Angelo’s Hair Salon, 132 Shore Rd.
• Anthony’s World of Floors, 49 Manorhaven Blvd.
• Arena Sport & Graphics, 52 Main St.
• Attelia Baby, 184 Shore Rd.
• Ayhan’s Shish Kebab, 283 Main St.
• Bach to Rock, 1015 Port Washington Blvd.
• Bosphorus Café, 138 Shore Rd.
• Bubba Brown’s Treasures,
302 Main St.
• Campbell’s Carpet Service,
413 Main St.
• Carnel’s Printing, 22 Main St.
• Dance Arts Centre, 1019 Port Washington Blvd.
• Daniel Gale Sotheby’s International Realty, 350 Main St.
• Diane’s Place Hair Salon,
191 Main St.
• Dolphin Bookshop, 299 Main St.
• Falconer Florist, 8 South
• f.i.s.h. on Main, 286 Main St.
• Gino’s Pizza, 48 Main St.
• Hair Studio, 143 Main St.
• Initial Stop, 282 B Main St.
• iSchool of Music & Art,
14 Vanderventer Ave., L4
• Laffey Fine Homes, 215 Main St.
• Landmark on Main Street,
232 Main Street, Suite 1
• Massage Envy Spa, 47 Main St.
• Minuteman Press of Port Washington, 437 Port Washington Blvd.
• North Shore Vision Services,
36 Main St.
• Painting With Flowers, 298 Main St.
• Parisi Speed School,
2 Channel Dr.
• Port Washington Federal Credit Union, 157 Main Street
• Sherwin-Williams, 59 Shore Rd.
• Sullivan’s Quay, 541 Main St.
• Unlimited Sports Action,
30 Beechwood Ave.
• Wings Plus, 16 Haven Ave.
• wit & whim, 8 Carlton Ave.
• Wright Music, 5 Main St.
• Yummy Gyro, 82 Main St.
For more information about the HarborFest Treasure Hunt, call the Chamber of Commerce at 516-883-6566. For more information about Cinema on the Bay, call the Residents for a More Beautiful Port Washington at 516-767-9151.