Repair work has begun at the Tom’s Point complex in Manhasset Isle, after a blowtorch accidentally burnt through the first floor bedroom of a condominium last Friday, Sept. 19.
Click Here To Read More About The Fire.
“The incident occurred when a contractor was working on pipes in the ceiling of the basement and the flame caught the ceiling and burned through the floor rafters of the bedroom,” said Port Washington Fire Department Assistant Chief Brian Waterson.
The owner was not home at the time. One fireman was slightly injured. Seventy five firefighters from five fire departments responded: Port Washington, Roslyn, Manhasset, Great Neck and Albertson.
The fire was brought under control in two hours. Fire damage was mainly to the floor and ceiling, and smoke and water damage was to apartment and basement.